Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Threshold Roll Out! Part 2!

Well, I got my cars and trucks in the mail (except one, perhaps the coolest of the set I got) and overall I am very happy with what I got for the price...on average each car cost me about $3 each from Ebay including shipping. The key is to find something in lots and snag a good price...which is the hard part.

Some people asked for me to post up shots of figures next to the cars. I tried to take a variety of shots and used three figures to help get an idea of scale including an Uncle Mike's figure (the girl with the shotgun), Black Cat Bases (the guy with the Tommy Gun) and an EM4 figure with the cap and rifle.

Here they are!



I like the fact the back cover can be removed very easy to turn this truck into a flat bed.






What are my thoughts on the cars? Get some if you need some period cars. For the price they are without a doubt a great deal and better than spending $20 or so for cars at various miniature sites. Save that money for other cool stuff! I think or now I am done with vehicles for the moment and suspect anything else will be because I want it.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea, and the scale looks great! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the price and scale ratio, they are a great buy...now I have to weather them!

      Delete
  2. It is really interesting how cheap you got them. The cheapest I can find on UK ebay is around 4 pound starting bids, plus the postage then :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 5 car deal was something like $18 with shipping, so that worked out to $3 and some change for each car. The 4 Trucks was something like less than $3 each for the lot including shipping...one was missing a seat in the back but putty can fix that!

      Delete
  3. They are great and look just right. I agree Mathyoo but you need to search daily and hopefully grab a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I flag things on Ebay and add to my watch list...then if a price is near what I am willing to pay, I throw out a bid of X and no more than what I am willing to go max to. Then I wait...I got lucky on both deals...I paid more for my Captain Morgan's truck that should be in the mail soon. That I did pay double for as I really wanted it and there was apparently two other bidders against it...

      Delete
  4. What Matchbox Brand are they again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will double check tonight, but I think the line was called "Yesteryear".

      Delete