Monday, November 19, 2012

When your cult needs a ride...get one with style!



There was a funny and annoying story to this rather cool 1912 Model T, Captain Morgan truck.

I bid on this just right before my cruse last month, when I got back around the 4th, it turns out I won it. Which I didn't expect. I also had a "claim" filed against me by Ebay as the seller did not get payment in 3 or 4 days, something like that. Yea, I was like 2-3 days behind paying on the deadline. No message asking me what is going on, just a claim. Well, that first night I was back, I paid it promptly, emailed the seller that I was out of the states and had no Internet access (my wife and I left our tech at home, that cruise was about us) and the claim was closed out.

I wait, then wait....nada...mind you I paid for Priority Mail for this baby. Then finally after the week it said to wait on Ebay for delivery I sent the seller a message. He told me he was mailing it Thursday. I finally got it today on Monday, cheaper rate on the box than what I paid also.

Well, I wanted it and it was cool. Yes, I paid a little more than the average price of my other classic cars (about double) and postage for a single car instead of a group of them being mailed. It just makes me laugh that this could be a cultist vehicle hiding horrors beyond the realm of the human mind! If anything, after a hard won battle they can have a drink with the captain, no matter who the winner is!

\
Shot of the vehicle with a figure from Black Cat.

8 comments:

  1. I Love it! Worth every penny

    Reminds me of a sordid evening in a Hong Kong bar when in strolled Captain Morgan and his spicy rum wenches giving out free drinks to everyone. The hangover lasted about two days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine, just blame the Captain!

      Delete
  2. Superb mate. Looks the part sometimes its worth sending a seller a message if you are bidding on something just to let them know. But it seems it all worked out ok in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I did not expect to win...someone else bid on it prior to me...I threw a bid out and packed for my trip, didn't think twice. If I won, whooo! If not, no loss. I just find it funny this guy was in a hurry to get his cash but slow to send the goods out.

      Delete
  3. Thats a lovely car. And I can imagine how the postage part could bother you...seems wrong.

    Also, hope you don't mind, but I've nominated you for the "liebster award". Check my last post for more details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, as a joke I may have to paint up some pirates and use them as cultists in the future!

      Delete